Web-sites which I have visited in past years and have liked them.
1. Logon to www.mss.niya.org/people/baba_amte.php
About the well known social crusader Baba Amte’s Maharogi Sewa samiti (MSS). Donot forget to see the pictures related to a ‘jungle hospital’ run by Dr Prakash Amte (younger son of Baba) in Hemalkasa, a tribal belt in Gadchiroli since 1974.
2. http://www.hinduwisdom.info/: A very good website which tells about Hinduism. Good for anyone who wants to grasp the basic understanding as well as details about this religion.
3. http://www.sarvodaya.org/: founded by the Srilankan Sarvodya leader Dr AT Ariyratne.
4. http://www.searchgadchiroli.org/Dr Abhay Bang – an MD in pediatrics and a MPH from USA, this doctor turned towards tribal interiors of Gadchiroli (about 250 KM from Nagpur) to set up a hospital. Fascinating.
5. www.cfar.umd.edu/~venu/ANNA/index.html: About Anna Hazare, the social activist.
6. www.grameen-info.org: The official web-site of Muhammad Yunus of Bangladesh who was awarded the Noble Peace Prize for 2006. His concept of micro-finance has gained world-wide acceptance. Another related web-site is: www.grameenfoundation.org